Main Article Content
The Small Industries Enterprise (SME), which is especially involved in the liquid filling industry (such as mineral water, tea, liquid milk, juice, etc.), needs some device that has the ability to measure liquid automatically and accurately into some container. Based on the 'Water Fall' method, this study carries out a procedure for making compact and efficient tools ('requirements definition' stage), using a keypad start button, flow sensor, temperature sensor, fan, buzzer, LCD 1602, relay driver ('system & software design' stage), implement a schematic drawing of the circuit and install all hardware inside the casing ('implementation and unit testing' stage), install accessories, set parameters and volume target ('integration and system testing ' stage) and re-calibrate the device ('operation and maintenance' stage). After the measurement experiment, we got that Fillco (the name of the device) has a bigger error for measurement below 1000 ml (0.6-15%) and better accuracy measurement for targeted volume upper than 1000 ml (0.04-0.20%). Fillco also able to memorize and reset liquid volume.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License
Copyright @2017. This is an open-access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/) which permits unrestricted non-commercial used, distribution and reproduction in any medium
2. An Automated Bottle Filling and Capping Project for Freshman Engineering Students [https://peer.asee.org/an-automated-bottle-filling-and-capping-project-for-freshman-engineering-students.pdf], accessed on November, 4th 2019.
3. Kalaiselvi, Kalaiselvi, Praveena, Aakanksha R, Dhanya S (2012) PLC Based Automatic Bottle Filling and Capping System with User-Defined Volume Selection. IJETAE. 8: 134-137.
4. Lakshmeesha, Prajwal K, Shetty G, Sriganesh, Ravindran KN (2018) Automated bottle filling & capping machine using Arduino. IJIRE. 5:92-96.
5. Muhammad S, Che G (2017) Volume Measuring System Using Arduino for Automatic Liquid Filling Machine. IJAER. 24: 14505-14509.
6. Rajesh G K, and Chadrashekhar N S (2012) Design and Fabrication of Liquid Dispensing Machine Using Automatic Control for Engg. Industry. IJITEE. 5: 38-43.
7. Sastry, Srinivas, Krishna, Sesha K K (2010) An Automated Microcontroller Based Liquid Mixing System. Interface. IJCSE. 8: 2648-2651.
8. Emily G (2012) Environmental Monitoring with Arduino. Sebastopol, USA: O’Reilly Media, Inc.