Main Article Content
The evolution of robotics and their control systems have made the placement of arms, their motion, grasping of objects, as well as exploring their immediate environments a very important area of research. The electronic design and implementation of the humanoid which involves the keypad and graphical user interface (GUI) to track the movement of the humanoid robot as well as control the humanoid robot in performing the tasks of avoidance of obstacles and picking of objects is achieved. The system is made of two units: the remote controller unit and the humanoid control unit. The remote controller unit is of two types namely; the keypad and the GUI. The keypad uses the buttons to control or direct the humanoid while the GUI does the control using PC. The GUI has the additional function of viewing the picture taken by the humanoid, if the arrangement of an obstacle is not included among the sixteen obstacle avoidance algorithms considered. The humanoid control unit makes the humanoid walk and avoid obstacles autonomously. The simulation of robotic humanoid and hardware results also show that the hardware implementation can be embedded into the humanoid frame for surveillance applications
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Hans-Dieter B. (2009). Hierarchical Case-Based Reasoning Behavior Control for Humanoid Robot. Annals of University of Craiova, Math. Comp. Sci. Ser., 36(2), Pp. 131.
2. Ben R., Kerstin D. and Janek D. (2006). Does Appearance Matter in the Interaction of Children with Autism with a Humanoid Robot (John Benjamins Publishing Company).
3. Don J. A., Andrea C., Antoine B. and Abderrahmane K. (2013). Human-Humanoid Joint Haptic Table Carrying Task with Height Stabilization using Vision. International Conference on Robots and Intelligent Systems, Japan.
4. Elena T., Johannes O., Franz W., Raymond H. C., and James F. J. (2012). Attitudes Towards Socially Assistive Robots in Intelligent Homes: Results from Laboratory Studies and Field Trials. Journal of Human-Robot Interaction, 1(2), Pp. 76-99.
5. Elizabeth A. (2011). Affordable Compact Humanoid Robot for Autism Spectrum Disorder in Children. A Major Qualifying Project Report Submitted to the Faculty of the Worcester Polytechnic Institute, in Partial Fulfillment of the Requirements for the Degree of Bachelor of Science.
6. Eric S., Brenna A., and Aude B. (2011). The Life of iCub, A Little Humanoid Robot Learning from Humans through Tactile Sensing. ACM 978-1-4503-0561-7/11/03. Lausanne, Switzerland.
7. Kazuhiko Y., Hiroyuki H., Takakatsu I., Yutaro F., Kenji K., Fumio K., Yoshihiro K., Fumiaki T. and Hirohisa H. (2003). Cooperative Works by a Human and a Humanoid Robot. Proceedings of the IEEE. International Conference on Robotics and Automation Taipei, Taiwan.
8. Matthew B., Joshua G., Mike C. and Lillian C. (2011). An Adaptive Brain-Computer Interface for Humanoid Robot Control. 11th IEEE-RAS International Conference on Humanoid Robots Bled, Slovenia.
9. Raquib B., Soumyajit R., Parthib M., Subhajit B., Abhishek M., Sauvik D., and Gupta (2014). Implementation of MATLAB Based Object Detection Technique on Arduino Board and iRobot Create. International Journal of Scientific and Research, 4(1).
10. Shi L., Wang Q. and Wu L. (2010). Humanoid Robot Soccer System Based on Fuzzy Logic. I.J. Computer Network and Information Security, 1, Pp 38-44.
11. Salvatore M. A. S. B. and David C. M. C. (2011). Autism assessment through a small Humanoid Robot, Institut des Systemes Intelligents et de Robotique, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Pyramide - T55/65, 4 Place Jussieu, 75005, Paris, France.
12. Yin-Tien W., Duen Y. H. and Sheng-Hsien C. (2011). Monocular SLAM for a Small-Size Humanoid Robot. Amkang Journal of Science and Engineering, 14(2), Pp. 123-130.
13. Zhong Q., Zhao J. and Tong C. (2015). Design and Implement of Entertainment and Competition Humanoid Robot. International Information and Engineering Technology Association, 2(1).
14. VK2828U7G5LF Datasheet. V.KEL Communications Equipment (Shenzhen) Co., Ltd., [Online]. Available from: Website: http://www.vkelcom.com, (Accessed: 27th Oct. 2018).
15. Ultrasonic Ranging Module HC - SR04 Datasheet, [Online]. Available from: firstname.lastname@example.org, (Accessed: 27th Oct. 2018).
16. TTP223B Digital Touch Sensor Capacitive Touch Switch Module for Arduino Datasheet (2015). Guangdong Science and Technology Co., (Accessed: 27th Oct. 2018).
17. Servo Motor SG90 Data Sheet,
18. PIR Sensor Datasheet (2012). Parallax Inc.
19. PIC18F2455/2550/4455/4550 Data Sheet (2006). Microchip Technology Inc. Corporate, [Online]. Available from: http://support.microchip.com.
20. PIC18F8722 Data Sheet (2016). Microchip Technology Inc. Corporate, [Online]. Available from: http://support.microchip.com.
21. L293, Quadruple Half-H Drivers SLRS008B Datasheet (2002). Texas Instruments Incorporated.
22. HC-12 Wireless RF UART Communication Module V2.4 User Manual (2016). [Online]. Available from: www.Hc01.Com.
23. CMOS OV7670 Camera Module 1/6-Inch 0.3-Megapixel Module Datasheet Rev 3.0, May 2015. www.ArduCAM.com.
24. MikroElektronika, MikroC, 2013. http://mikroe.com/
25. Labcenter Electronics, Proteus VSM, 2013. http://www.labcenter.com/
26. GLCD 128x64 datasheet. Available: http://download.mikroe.com>glcd
27. Arduino IDE. Available:
28. Micro SD card Micro SDHC Mini TF card adapter reader module. Available: http://cdn.instructables.com>GHDP.
29. Arduino IDE. [Online]. Available: http://www.arduino.org/downloads.
30. 28BYJ-48 -5V Stepper Motor Datasheet. Available: http://cdn.instructables.com>RHST
31. Robotics (2011), Oxford Dictionaries, [Online]. Available from: Robotics-Wikipedia.html.